Grow fresh Green Kale in your indoor herb garden!
An excellent source of vitamin C, Green Kale provides iron, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, potassium, protein, carbohydrates and dietary fiber. Kale is a meaty green that compliments rich complex flavors such as grilled pork, pancetta, sausage, garlic, chiles, onions, thyme and caraway. A staple in salads, the Green Kale is a fast grower that can be harvested already 35-42 days after planting!
Cooking tip: Sautee or braise the mature leaves, or use the new sprouts raw in salads.
Click & Grow Kale benefits:
- Kale is a great source of vitamins and antioxidants
- Growing Kale will be 100% hassle-free in your Click & Grow indoor herb garden
- You'll get a garden-to-plate experience from your own kitchen
- You'll get to enjoy this known superfood all year round
- No GMO's, pesticides or herbicides - just the cleanest, freshest food
Sprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
Grows best at: 64°F – 75°F
- Please note that Italian Kale is heat sensitive and grows best at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C). If the temperature is higher than 75°F (24°C) then germination is inhibited. Also, plants tend to produce much less yield at high temperatures.
- No need to thin out any seedlings, let them all thrive!
- Green Kale grows best if the lamp has just one arm! If it's set too low it may burn your thriving plants. If the lamp is set too high your plants will grow leggy and produce less yield.
- You can start harvesting in approximately three to four weeks after planting by picking off the larger outer leaves first in baby leaf size. Do this by picking off single larger outer leaves first - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point at the tip of the plant.
- Harvest the pod in one go when it reaches five to six weeks of age. At this stage, your Green Kale has the best taste and the highest nutritional value.
- If some leaves age more than two months, it may lose some of the nutritional value and signature flavor.